The meaning of the acronyms on the "Dalle de Coumesourde"


In the beginning Gérard de Sède referred to it as a "strange stone". This was in 1967. In the pages of L'Or de Rennes the French author wrote: "The marquis de Fleury [...] engraved another stone which would have been discovered later under an oak, forgotten and rediscovered again in 1928, hidden in the hole of a rock on the Coumesourde mountain, near Rennes-les-Bains. It was a strange stone. When history is silent, stones speak by themselves" (1).

The triangle according to Gérard de Sède (1967)

The image was credited to "Ernest Gros", but probably it was an error for "Cros".

Was it a simple fake by Pierre Plantard? PS PRAECUM seems to suggest it, but does not solve the problem. We know that the Ernest Cros report is the oldest documentary source of it, but the document is very controversial: it cannot be completely written by Cros because (1) it deals something which happened in 1959 (and Cros died on 1946) and, as Philippe Mensior show in his journal Parle-moi de RLC, (2) it comes from the Corbu typewriter.

The document may be heavily "polluted" by Plantard's (or other's) intervention.

Jean-Luc Chaumeil was the first one who suggested a coherent meaning for the acronyms SAE, SIS and PS PRAECUM, and he did so in a book with an extremely revealing title: Le tresor du Triangle d'Or.

By studying Plantard's mythology, we know that Rennes-le-Chateau was only one part of a large sacred geometry plan involving all of France, and four places were the most important: Rennes-le-Chateau, Gisors, Stenay and Sainte-Colombe. They referred to the triangle created by these places as le Triangle d'Or.

When you study the triangle reproduced on the dalle you can see that it fits perfectly with the Golden Triangle of the Priory of Sion.

The triangle according to Chaumeil's book (1979): look at the meanings of the acronyms

In the book Chaumeil reveals that SAE stands for Saint Antoine l'Ermite, SIS stands for Saint Isidore de Seville and PS has a scroll around it, meaning that the two letters can be swapped; PS stands for Pope Sergius, but when inverted they are the Sainte Pape and Saint Pierre (to which the old Rennes-le-Chateau church was dedicated).

PRAE-CUM is the translation in letters of the scroll: the P should be cum (with, in latin) S, but it doesn't matter if prae (before, in latin) in front of it or after it.

All the points refer to geographical places. SAE is linked to Gisors, SIS is linked to Stenay and PS is linked to Rennes.

The meaning of the central point is revealed by Philippe de Chérisey in an interview quoted in the book by Chaumeil:

Chaumeil: Is Sainte-Colombe on the Paris Meridian?
De Chérisey: "No, IT IS THE CENTER OF THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE: Stenay, Gisors and Rennes" (2).

This gives the solution to the puzzle: IN MEDIO LINEA UBI M SECAT LINEA PARVA refers to Saint Sulpice, which is the point at which the M(eridian) intersects the linea parva (small line) linking SAE-Gisors and Sainte-Colombe.

The image from Chaumeil's book is very clear and revealing:

The comparison between the triangles suggested by Chaumeil's book - which quotes the revelations by Plantard and de Chérisey (1979)

Maybe also the small triangle on top of the Small Parchment could be a reference to the Golden Triangle: the M could stand for Meridian and the small vertical line could be a visual representation of the same.

Petit Parchemin: particular

In the previous image (from the same book) the letters PS are linked to Peyrolles and Serres (there is a reference to the Meridian between these two places in Plantard's Introduction to Boudet's book (Belfond Edition, 1978) and also to the Stone of Serbaïrou - where Plantard pretended the ALCOR grave was found.


The meaning suggested here is totally coherent with Plantard's mythology and in the material recently published by Philippe Marlin we can see a picture of the triangle given by Plantard to Gérard de Sède. With the source now identified, it is easy to solve the puzzle, whose solution probably refers to Saint Sulpice - a key in the history of the Priory of Sion and a mythological building. (3)

1.Gérard de Sède, L’Or de Rennes, Paris: Julliard, 1967, p.124.

2.Jean-Luc Chaumeil, Le tresor du triangle d’or, Alain Lefeuvre, 1979, pp.81-82.

3.Translation by Mariano Tomatis with the precious help of Marcus Williamson.

© 2019 Mariano Tomatis Antoniono